The Architect, The Cook & The Kitchen

Musings on Food, Design and Style

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Starting Line in Brooklyn

My husband and I are not young nor inexperienced, yet we find ourselves   
Starting Out Starting Over and once again at the starting line.

Why, you ask?  Why not, I say. It may not be by choice, but I say it is fortuitous.

We find ourselves with not more than a few boxes of belongings beside us, most of our worldly goods freshly out from a long stay in a storage facility and currently tucked away out West.

From living in a wonderful apartment in Chelsea in New York, to out of our luggage out in California,  in a cottage in the Carribean, in a cabin in Northern California, out of our luggage in New York, we have gradually adapted to living without much, both monetary and material.

Take a quick look, a single spin is all that is required, around the studio apartment:
Before even looking at any apartments, we chose the studio plan as an economic choice, period.

After seeing this apartment and its location, we knew instantly it would offer far more than its modest square footage and its gritty neighborhood belies.

I am ALWAYS the first to advise another that change is good and I am now the happy recipient of my own advise.

1 comment:

  1. The apartment is beautiful! I imagine it's a pleasure on sunny days. I could use a SOSO point myself.

    ReplyDelete