The Architect, The Cook & The Kitchen

Musings on Food, Design and Style

Monday, April 5, 2010

Welcome to Brooklyn

My name is Silvina Goefron Royston.  My husband and I have been bouncing from place to place across the country the past two years and we have finally landed in a special spot in Brooklyn.  While I am a native New Yorker, raised in Queens, and my husband, a Bay Area native, transplanted to NYC over 25 years ago, we must admit that we know very little about the borough of Brooklyn other than the occasional visits to cultural events or to visit with friends.  We arrive at the cusp of a new season and at a crossroad in our lives, ready to start anew.  We are at what I call the SOSO point in our lives: Starting Out Starting Over.  While our lives and our lifestyle have definitely changed and have felt so so in many ways, our new home in Brooklyn and the spring season brings us hope for renewal and regrowth. As an Architect, an avid home cook, a savvy shopper and enthusiastic New York City pedestrian, it is my goal to absorb and share all that is wonderful, intriguing, resourceful and affordable about my newfound Brooklyn and the New York City I truly love and adore and, no matter where I am living, will always call home.


Views from our Brooklyn perch:


Views from Brooklyn Botanical Garden of Cherry Blossoms and of Turtles Sunning in Pond:



4 comments:

  1. I love the pictures of all those turtles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww~ yea, those turtles are cute. That cherry tree looks really cool too. (This is Anne XD)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Very sweet and inviting blog! Turtle life, this time of year seems to better than most!

    Janna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, love the apartment! However, turtles seem to be taking the cake so to speak...Ha
    I have to agree change is very good...and keeps you on your toes.

    Tonia

    ReplyDelete