The Architect, The Cook & The Kitchen

Musings on Food, Design and Style

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Chris Cobb at Adobe Books: Rainbow Installation

I have rainbows on my mind this week.

I spotted this post on Remodelista on arranging books by color and I thought, crazy or inspirational.  At first, I thought, crazy, as I would NEVER be able to find my books, but, in the hands of an artist, this idea can be beautiful and inspirational.

In late 2004, the artist, Chris Cobb, created a temporary installation piece within Adobe Books, a bookstore in San Francisco.

The piece titled "There is Nothing Wrong in This Whole Wide World" required a team of 16 volunteers and the artist, working overnight, to arrange 20,000 books by color.




















Watch and hear the artist during the installation process:
Chris Cobb: Adobe Books Installation

A simple concept that transformed the ordinary into the extraordinary.

Via Superhero Journal

No comments:

Post a Comment