The Architect, The Cook & The Kitchen

Musings on Food, Design and Style

Monday, May 24, 2010

Horst Gläsker: Stairs and Rainbow Stripes

I remember taking an email questionnaire being sent between some friends with basic questions. The one question that made me hesitate was to name my favorite color.  How could I possibly just name one favorite.  There were so many favorites in my life: sea foam green when I was five, tangerine when I am tan, fuschia when I am happy, black when I am blue......

When everyone's answers were posted, the most brilliant answer to this question was simple. The answer was RAINBOW.

Here is a beautiful piece that is art, architecture and rainbow:
Scala (2006/2008) by the German artist Horst Gläsker.

Prof. Glaesker painted the 112 steps of the Holsteiner Treppe in Wuppertal, Germany.






































































The words stenciled on the steps are words of human emotions: love, to seduce, to pine, to fall in love, sympathy, to dance, kissing hands, admirer, exuberant, to get the tingles, passion, attractive, to flourish, to allow......

I would love, someday, to scale this rainbow.

Via Poppytalk-The Townhouse

No comments:

Post a Comment